Opti-Rite® Dry Erase Wallpaper Magnetic & Fabric Backing, 47.25" Wide
- Opti-Rite 2 is a premium dry erase writing surface with a heavy fabric backing, perfect for large and small installations alike
- Featuring a unique ferrous vinyl that allows the surface to remain flexible and a thick fabric backing, it’s a favorite among installers as these properties ensure a forgiving installation process
- This bright white glossy offering provides an amazingly easy to erase surface that will not ghost or stain, carrying our 20,000 wipe warranty
- Magnetic receptiveness allows for the use of various accessories such as lettering, graphics, posters or even magnetic labels
- Requires Adhesive and Primer for installation.
Enter a cut size (in Feet) and a quantity to add custom sizes to your order. Click the + icon to add multiple cuts. Custom cut sizes can only be cut lengthwise rounded to the nearest whole foot.
|description||Magnetic Receptive Dry Erase Wallpaper|
|full roll width||65'|
Opti-Rite® Fabric or Scrim Backed Installation
- Acrylic Primer
- Paint roller and tray
- Painter’s tape
- Measuring tape
- Heavy Duty Clay-based Strippable Adhesive
- Sand paper
- X-Acto knife and blade replacements
- Smoothing tool or squeegee
- Soft cloth
Opti-Rite® Material with Fabric or Scrim Backing
- For best results, White Acrylic Primer is recommended on clean, smooth, dry, structurally sound surfaces to prep the wall for a proper bond and to help cover up extreme light and dark areas of drywall.
- If future stripability is desired, apply a high quality acrylic wall covering primer and a heavy duty clay based strippable adhesive.
- Glossy surfaces should either be sanded or coated with professional vinyl prep.
- Do not install wall covering unless the temperature in the working and storage areas are at least 55°F.
- Be careful not to crease or bend material when handling.
- It is suggested that a pencil be used to mark vinyl or wall. Anything else might bleed through the primer.
- Walls should be checked with a suitable “moisture meter.” Moisture content should not exceed 4%. Remove any substrate mildew with a chlorine bleach solution, rinse, and allow to dry before installing. Wash greasy walls with an ammonia solution, rinse, and allow to dry before installing.
- Drywall should be cured for at least 30 days before applying the primer, adhesive and wallcovering.
Step 1: A high quality acrylic primer and or “size” must be used to achieve the best product performance. On new walls, drywall joints should be taped, bedded, and sanded smooth. Our Acrylic Primer can be tinted up to 2 fl.oz.to match the wall. For all applications, prepare the surface for priming by pulling out nails or screws and spackling any holes or nicks.
Step 2: After the spackling has cured, sand the surface by hand with a medium to fine grit sandpaper to make sure it is as smooth and level as possible.
Step 3: Use a measuring tape, a level, and painter’s tape to section off exactly where you’ll be painting the primer and installing the Opti-Rite® Material. If you are performing an entire wall covering, refer to the Full Wall Covering Adhesive Installation Instruction Guide.
Step 4: Ensure that the Acrylic Primer is well-shaken before painting onto the substrate with a clean paint roller in an even and generous coat. You must wait until the primer is fully dried before moving on to the Adhesive Process. Refer to your Primer’s Manufacturer from curing times. Our white Acrylic Primer takes 2 hours to dry.
Installation and Adhesive Instructions:
Step 1: Unroll your Opti-Rite® Material and fit it to the primed and dried section of the wall using a measuring tape and an X-acto knife or scissors.
Step 2: Apply a uniform coat of heavy duty clay based adhesive to the primed and dried wall where the Opti-Rite® Material will be installed. Press the material to the coated substrate making sure it is perfectly level and plumb.
Step 3: Use a flexible wallpaper smoothing tool, or squeegee wrapped in a fiber cloth to squeeze out air bubbles or extra adhesive from the center to edges of the material. If applied unevenly, pull it off and reapply before the adhesive dries.
Step 4: If needed, trim the Opti-Rite® material with a single edged razor, such as an X-acto knife. Ensure there is enough adhesive to properly bond the edges to the wall.
Step 5: Be sure to remove all excess adhesive immediately using a sponge and a warm mild soap solution. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry with a clean towel. If the adhesive dries on the Opti-Rite® material writing surface, use a professional vinyl cleaner or wallpaper remover.
Step 6: To prepare the Opti-Rite® material surface for use, gently wash it with a solution of 50/50% water/alcohol. Erasability will be affected if this step is not followed.